By Mark Vessey
- Discusses the existence and works of Augustine inside their complete ancient context, instead of privileging the theological context
- Presents Augustine’s lifestyles, works and best rules within the cultural context of the past due Roman international, supplying a colourful and fascinating experience of Augustine in motion in his personal time and position
- Opens up a brand new section of research on Augustine, delicate to the numerous and sundry views of scholarship on overdue Roman tradition
- State-of-the-art essays by means of top teachers during this field
Read or Download A Companion to Augustine PDF
Similar church history books
This ebook is an creation to the liturgy and its value. It takes the liturgy and makes it effortless for the layperson to appreciate that the hot testomony church carrier brings God's presence, in Jesus the Christ to the folks of God who've been cleansed from their sins. this can be a holy assembly made attainable by means of the blood of Christ that cleanses the believer.
Declining memberships. Pastoral scandals. a terror of secularism and the recent Atheism. Christians are fearful concerning the church's destiny. regardless of such depression, Jason Vickers believes the church additionally sits upon the cusp of renewal. a few rising voices promise to guide the church out of degradation yet concentration basically upon its constitution, whereas others inspire the Spirit's paintings to the exclusion of all else.
The Baptist historical past: 4 Century of Baptist Witness H. Leon McBeth's 'The Baptist history' is a definitive, clean interpretation of Baptist historical past. in accordance with basic resource learn, the ebook combines the simplest good points of chronological and topical background to carry alive the tale of Baptists worldwide.
Gregor der Grosse (590-604) struggle sowohl ein geschickter Kirchenpolitiker als auch ein inspirierter Denker. Barbara Müller erschliesst den inneren Zusammenhang beider Bereiche unter dem Aspekt der Führung, indem sie sowohl Gregors literarische Werke als auch seine päpstliche Korrespondenz analysiert. Aus Gregors Schriften geht hervor, dass für ihn Kirchenleitung vor allem kluge Personalpolitik bedeutete.
- Apollinarius und seine Folgen (Studien und Texte zu Antike und Christentum /Studies and Texts in Antiquity and Christianity) (German Edition)
- The Forward Movement: Evangelical Pioneers of 'Social Christianity' (Studies in Christian History and Thought)
- Tumultuous Times: Twenty General Councils of the Catholic Church and Vatican II and its Aftermath
- Raise Happy Children, Raise Them Saints
- The Color of Church
- The Dangerous Kind
Additional resources for A Companion to Augustine
A Companion to Augustine by Mark Vessey