By Kenneth S. Shultz,Gary A. Adams
The getting older of child boomers, besides the expected lessen of the to be had hard work pool, will position elevated scrutiny and emphasis on matters in terms of an getting older team. moreover, destiny monetary downturns will position robust strain on older staff to stay within the group, and on retirees to hunt employment back. Aging and paintings within the twenty first Century reviews, summarizes, and integrates present literature from quite a few disciplines with reference to getting older and paintings. bankruptcy authors, all top specialists inside their respective components, offer concepts for destiny study, perform, and/or public policy.
This definitive resource comprehensively reviews:
- trends and implications concerning the demography, source of revenue, and variety of the getting older workforce;
- the factor of age bias within the workplace;
- job functionality, work-related attitudes, education and improvement, and profession problems with older staff; and
- topics of age and occupational well-being, know-how, paintings and relations concerns, and retirement.
The meant viewers is complex undergraduate and graduate scholars, in addition to researchers within the disciplines of business and organizational psychology; developmental psychology; gerontology; sociology; economics; and social paintings. Older employee suggest organisations, like AARP, also will take curiosity during this edited book.
Read Online or Download Aging and Work in the 21st Century (Applied Psychology Series) PDF
Similar occupational & organisational psychology books
A thorough method of inside layout, inside house provides a brand new and important strategy for the layout of domestic environments. Written by way of a psychologist/designer staff, this ebook introduces environmental psychology as a major layout source and as an important point within the conceptual procedure.
Coping with human feelings performs a severe position in daily functioning. After years of full of life debate at the value and validity of its build, emotional intelligence (EI) has generated a strong physique of theories, examine reviews, and measures. Assessing Emotional Intelligence: thought, examine, and purposes strengthens this theoretical and proof base by way of addressing the newest advances and rising probabilities in EI evaluate, study, and functions.
This publication exhibits us easy methods to heal the office tradition by means of rebuilding relationships to honor our personal and others’ spirits. while worry is changed with belief and compassion, a shift in recognition can take place. The shallow interpretation of ourselves as those that have to conflict for strength and validation belies our brilliant genuine strength.
Daniel Pauw untersucht erstmals in einer internationalen Studie, wie Coaches mit Klienten unterschiedlicher kultureller Herkunft eine tragfähige Arbeitsbeziehung aufbauen und erhalten. Die Ergebnisse zeigen, dass kulturelle Prägungen den Coachingprozess auf verschiedenste Weise beeinflussen können und welche Faktoren für eine erfolgreiche Beziehungsgestaltung besonders wichtig sind.
- Burnout at Work: A psychological perspective (Current Issues in Work and Organizational Psychology)
- Individual Adaptability to Changes at Work: New Directions in Research (Organization and Management Series)
- HOPPMANN: Eine unternehmerische Alternative - Mit demokratischer Beteiligung und sozialer Gerechtigkeit zum wirtschaftlichen Erfolg (German Edition)
- Insight: The Power of Self-Awareness in a Self-Deluded World
Extra resources for Aging and Work in the 21st Century (Applied Psychology Series)
Aging and Work in the 21st Century (Applied Psychology Series) by Kenneth S. Shultz,Gary A. Adams